Claire’s Knee (Le genou de Claire)
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1970, French, 106min, DCP, English subtitles
Cast: Jean-Claude Brialy, Aurora Cornu, Béatrice Romand, Fabrice Luchini
“I don’t look at women anymore because I’m going to get married.” Diplomat Jérôme does what he says – in contradictions. Encouraged by his novelist friend, he flirts with two teenage sisters, and finds spiritual victory through fulfilling his fetishistic fondling of Claire’s knee – one of cinema’s greatest erotic moments. Among Rohmer’s most iconic films, this playful sex comedy best reflects the complexity and the paradox of his character’s beliefs – under the impressionistic palette of gorgeous Alpine scenery and alluring temptation of youth.
San Sebastian International Film Festival: Golden Seashell for Best Film
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.