Claire’s Camera (La caméra de Claire)
Dir: Hong Sang-soo
France/South Korea, 2017, 69 mins, DCP
Cast: Isabelle Huppert, Kim Min-hee, Chang Mi-hee
Setting a film at the French Riviera seems to be a natural choice for Hong Sang-soo, who has captured pleasures of the Cannes Film Festival. Isabelle Huppert is back in Hong’s orbit to play Claire, a teacher from Paris who is “first time in Cannes”, strolling around to snap Polaroids. Of the pictures she has taken are a Korean film trio – a director, a sales agent and her female boss, who share a complicated work-love relationship. Sketchy and improvised as it may look, Hong’s lighthearted gem is filled with charms and musings, and offers a way to change reality – in Claire’s case, through the camera.
2017 Cannes Film Festival
Package Discount: 20% discount to each purchase of standard tickets of both The Day After & Claire’s Camera
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.