Chloe in the Afternoon (L’amour l’après-midi)
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1972, French, 95min, DCP, English subtitles
Cast: Bernard Verley, Zouzou, Françoise Verley
The last of the Six Moral Tales bursts with new elements: a happily-married, well-off lawyer “dreaming of living two lives simultaneously but in a complete and perfect way.” Shifting from his euphoric fantasies about passing beauties, Frédéric falls into the danger of infidelity as he spends afternoons with his free-spirited friend Chloe, talking about love and relationships. A grand summation of Rohmer’s themes on temptations and free will – “in every respects, a perfect film” that ends with a passionate affirmation of marriage. Or otherwise?
Academy Awards: Best Cinematography
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.