Dir: Stanley Donen
USA, 1963, 113min, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Walter Matthau
First-time teaming of Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn in stunning charisma and chemistry, this superb comedythriller- drama is wrapped in a deluxe package of Givenchy’s haute couture, Mancini’s tender lullaby and Paris’ scenic beauty. In a taut tale about a widow caught in a world of espionage between a dubious chivalry and several men who want a fortune of her murdered husband, the Singin’ in the Rain (1952) director Stanley Donen twists his skillful arm at a Hitchcockian thriller with overtones of romantic comedy. Or vice versa?
1965 BAFTA Film Awards, Best British Actress
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.