C’est la Vie, Mon Cheri
Dir: Derek Yee
1993, Cantonese, 99 mins, HDCAM
Cast: Sean Lau, Anita Yuen, Carina Lau
In a familiar terminal romance tragedy, Derek Yee proves his knack for transforming what might have been clichéd into a truly moving experience, set in the authentic and vibrant Yau Ma Tei milieu. Newcomer Anita Yuen gives an impressive performance as the cheerful and optimistic street singer Min, who pulls the depressed musician Kit (Sean Lau) out of his blue. As they fall in love and a ray of hope creeps into their lives, a fatal illness takes a hard blow on Min. A sentimental reminiscence of old Hong Kong, the film is a bittersweet affirmation of life for a generation.
1994 6 Hong Kong Film Awards including Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actress
26/8/2017 (Sat): Post-screening talk with Li Cheuk-to
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.