Dir: Peter Yates
USA, 1968, 114min, DCP
Cast: Steve McQueen, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Vaughn, Robert Duvall
The ultimate cool cop – Steve McQueen – the ultimate car chase on the hills of San Francisco in a 1968 Ford Mustang GT with a killer score by jazz pianist Lalo Schifrin. Bullitt defined for an entire generation the existential loneliness of the cop caught in webs of deception, political ambition, intense violence and the elusive trail of love in this labyrinth of murder and lies. Mobs, betrayal, deception and continuous flights rocket us through the narrative arc, but it is McQueen as the cool, enigmatic center we never forget.
1969 Academy Awards, Best Film Editing
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.