Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Dir: Blake Edwards
USA, 1961, 115min, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard
The Truman Capote adaptation turned eating a pastry while window-shopping into a whimsical rite of passage and is forever synonymous with Audrey Hepburn – an enduring icon of grace and glamor in her Givenchy’s little black dress. While her natural elegance seems at variance with Holly Golightly – a naïve, free-spirited socialite looking to marry into money, Hepburn’s exhilarating portrayal of the complex character offers much to like and sympathize with, and continues to inspire those aspiring to classy romance under “Moon River”.
1962 Academy Awards, Best Music (Original Song) and Best Music (Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture)
Enchanting Grace – Audrey Hepburn
Full House 19/08/2018 (Sun)
Full House 24/08/2018 (Fri)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.