Dir: Ali Abbasi
Sweden/Denmark, 2018, 110min, DCP
Cast: Eva Melander, Eero Milonoff, Matti Boustedt
A malformed misfit with a superhuman sense of smell, Tina excels a sniffer dog in tracking down the traffickers at the customs. A series of enigmatic encounters with a fellow outcast Vore seduces her into an animal attraction, as she gradually discovers his explosive secrets and the painful truths of her own nature. Adapted from a novella by Let the Right One In (2008) creator John Lindqvist, Abbasi leads us through a supernatural journey to the border of existence and identity, in the melancholic Nordic scent of suspense, romance and social realism.
2018 Cannes Film Festival, Un Certain Regard Award
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.