Dir: Elvira Lind
Denmark/Sweden, 2017, 94 mins, DCP
Struggling to reach a place “where I have no strength to hide anything”, American dancer Bobbi Jene Smith makes the life-altering decision to uproot her life and career with the famous Israeli Batsheva Dance Company, and return to her American homeland to start anew. Elvira Lind follows her over two years, tracking her enlightenment under the tutelage of renowned choreographer Ohad Naharin, her intimate relationship with fellow dancer Or Schraiber, and her aspiration to start a choreographic career. Dancing naked, her debut solo performance is an electrifying catharsis for confronting loneliness and sexuality, unfolding the transcendent power art can have on our senses.
2017 Tribeca Film Festival, Best Documentary Feature, Best Cinematography and Best Editing in a Documentary Feature
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 20/08/2017 (Sun)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 25/08/2017 (Fri)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.