Bergman – A Year in a Life
Dir: Jane Magnusson
Sweden/Norway, 2018, 117min, DCP
One of the most honest and overflowing portraits of Ingmar Bergman, capturing the legacy of the great filmmaker as well as the ordinary man in his pivotal year of 1957. The year saw the rise of Bergman as an all-powerful artist, with the release of his two most iconic masterpieces – The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries , and four large-scale theatrical productions. More than 40 interviews with his associates roam through Bergman’s entire life to illuminate his character, including “the most ordinary, everyday man that you could ever live with” in the eyes of Liv Ullmann.
2018 Cannes Film Festival
Please collect tickets on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening, on a first-come, first-served basis. 1 ticket per person only.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.