Dir: Lee Hae-young
South Korea, 2018, 123min, DCP
Cast: Cho Jin-woong, Ryu Jun-yeol, Kim Joo-hyuk
Johnnie To’s gritty crime epic Drug War (37th HKIFF) is given a chic and adrenaline-charged South Korean renovation. Obsessed with hunting down a mysterious drug kingpin known as Mr. Lee, a hard-bitten cop goes undercover into the labyrinthine underground cartel, and is caught in a series of conspiracy and deceptions. Lined up with colorful characters illuminated by an all-star cast (including Kim Joo-hyuk in his final role as the vicious drug boss), this entertaining actionthriller rightfully claimed the Korean box office No.1 so far this year.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.