Dir: Léa Mysius
France, 2017, 105 mins, DCP
Cast: Noée Abita, Laure Calamy, Juan Cano
Thirteen-year-old Ava is spending the summer on the Atlantic coast with her flighty single mum as she gradually loses her sight. She decides to confront the problem in her own way. Led by a black dog she steals on the beach, she turns badass and goes on a crime spree with her gypsy lover-on-the-run. Shot on obsolescent 35mm stock, writer-director Léa Mysius’ enigmatic images in visual luster mirror Ava’s failing eyesight, reflecting her growing loss of innocence. Even in the unknown world of darkness, there remains a glimpse of light.
2017 Cannes Film Festival, Critics’ Week
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 19/08/2017 (Sat)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 22/08/2017 (Tue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.