Angels of Sin (CANCELLED)
Dir: Robert Bresson
France, 1943, 97min, 35mm
Cast: Renée Faure, Jany Holt
Bresson’s first feature, and one of two where he used professional actors. Nonetheless, a clearly Bressonian work in theme and style that foreshadows conflicts, scenarios and even images in later films. Anne-Marie seeks salvation as a Catholic nun striving to reform prisoners; she becomes trapped by her relationship with Thérèse, who may or may not be guilty… yet. This play of conscience was written by Bresson, Giraudoux and a Catholic priest, yet doubts prove every bit as compelling as faith itself.
Robert Bresson, The Sublime Minimalist
Cancelled 03/06/2017 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.