Anatomy of a Murder
Dir: Otto Preminger
USA, 1959, 160min, DCP
Cast: James Stewart, Lee Remick, Ben Gazzara
A small town murder trial that forces us to fathom what the truth is and who represents it or even hides it behind complex arguments. What, after all, does it mean to act in a moment of insanity? Based loosely on a real case of rape and revenge, this courtroom drama forces us to listen to – and to doubt – almost everyone involved, whether defendant, witnesses, lawyers and prosecutors. With a jazz score by Duke Ellington.
1959 Venice Film Festival, Best Actor
1960 Academy Awards, 7 nominations including Best Picture
7.10.2018 (SUN): Post-screening talk with Kiki Fung
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.