Dir: James Cameron
USA, 1986, 154 mins, DCP
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn
Feeling the risk of being overwhelmed by Giger’s bizarre, psychosexual landscape, James Cameron asked the artist’s forgiveness for not including him in the production team. Sigourney Weaver, the only survivor of the original crew still tormented by nightmares, is on board a new expedition to the mystery planet colony, where she fights against the aliens to save herself and a little girl. Converting the spaceship into a battleground, Cameron turns the Alien sequel into an intense and horrifying thriller full of relentless action and suspense, leaving audiences deliciously on edge. Cameron prefers this Extended Version, and Weaver even threatened never to shoot an Alien-film again, if this cut was not released.
1987 Academy Awards, Best Visual Effects and Sound Effects Editing
“The Biomechanical Dreamscapes of HR Giger” is co-presented by
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.