Alice in the Cities (Alice in den Städten)
Dir: Wim Wenders
West Germany, 1974, German, 112min, DCP
Cast: Yella Rottländer, Rüdiger Vogler, Lisa Kreuzer
The first of Wenders’ Road Trilogy begins with a random encounter in a revolving door, when a girl is left in an alienated journalist’s care to travel to Germany. Müller’s 16mm blackand- white photography lends poignancy and beauty to the delicate relationship between the mismatched pair, as the texture of human experience unfolds – the anger of a wild-goose chase for her grandmother’s house; the joys of taking photo booth pictures; the jealousy of competing for affection; and eventually, a reconnection with a world with which they have lost touch.
German Film Critics Association Awards: Best Film
8.6.2019 (SAT): Film talk with Thomas Shin
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.