12 Angry Men
Dir: Sidney Lumet
USA, 1957, 96min, DCP
Cast: Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Martin Balsam
Ninety minutes in a stifling closed room where twelve white male jurors make decisions about the life and death of an 18-year-old slum kid. Sidney Lumet’s electrifying drama initially pits one decent man – Henry Fonda – against other citizens who see only guilt. Minute by minute, slow questions about evidence and agonizing reflections on self will change the votes, one by one. A quintessential film not only about criminal procedure, but also about democracy and debate itself.
1957 Berlin International Film Festival, Golden Bear for Best Film
8.9.2018 (SAT): Post-screening seminar with Ernest Chan and Bryan Chang
Venue: Tai Kwun JC Cube
Free Admission. Conducted in Cantonese.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.