The third installment of “Back to the Cinema” is THE LIGHTHOUSE by director Robert Eggers (THE WITCH). Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe excel as, respectively, the novice and veteran wickies tasked with the upkeep of a remote lighthouse in 19th century New England. Inevitably the suffocating claustrophobia and harsh conditions plunge both men into a maelstrom of hallucinogenic, testosterone-fueled paranoia. There will be a post-screening discussion with film critic Keeto Lam (in Chinese only).
Stay tuned for a restored classic and a hot festival pick coming up!
Join us now and get a chance to enjoy the free screenings and ticket discount for the 44th Hong Kong International Film Festival (18-31/8)!
Date: 28/6/2020 (Sun)
Venue: K11 Art House
– Online registration (Click here) will start at 10:00 am on 23/6 (Tue). Each Cine Fan is entitled to 1 ticket. Limited seats are available. First-come, first-served.
– Only available for Cine Fans who have paid membership fee by 11:59 pm, 21/6 (Sun).
– Join us and get 2 ticket vouchers for Cine Fan programmes.
– Under government regulations, 50% theatrical occupancy will be implemented. Ticket redemption will start 30-min prior to the screening. Cine Fans who have made the reservation are required to present their e-tickets and valid Cine Fan Privilege cards to HKIFF staff for ticket redemption
– In case of disputes, HKIFFS reserves the right to make the final decision.
Special acknowledgment: Universal Pictures Hong Kong